The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" announces and organizes the 45th International Graphic Humour Exhibition "Umoristi a Marostica 2013"
Theme: EUREKA! The inventions that led to the progress of civilization.
Deadline for application: march 18, 2013
Deadline for reception of the selected works: april 15, 2013
Jury meeting: march 23-14, 2013
Opening and prize distribution: may 11, 2013
Exhibition: may 11 - june 16, 2013
1. The contest is open to all the cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. It's possible to participate out of the competition. That request excludes the author from award of the prizes.
2. The theme of the contest is: EUREKA! The inventions that led to the progress of civilization
3. The authors can participate with a maximum of 3 works (Cartoons or Strips) inherent to the theme proposed in connection with the man, his existence and the society, seen in humorous view-point. The works, for being able to be comprised all over the world beyond every linguistic barrier, will have to be without dialogue or texts.
4. The works must be sent by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the application form with all the data of the author
or using the form on the site www.umoristiamarostica.it
The works, in black/white or color made in any technique, must be in GIF, JPG, PNG or PDF, 300 dpi resolution, saved in high quality, weight max. 5 MB. Files larger will not be accepted.
5. The deadline for works reception is march 18, 2013.
6. The authors selected by the jury will have to send the original works or digital prints numbered and signed. Photocopies are not accepted.
The works must be sent (postage paid by the sender and without frames or glass), by April 15, 2013 to the following address:
UMORISTI A MAROSTICA
PIAZZA CASTELLO 12
36063 Marostica (VI)
7. The acceptance of the works, the selection, and the assigning of the prizes are completely up to the Jury nominated by Artistic Direction and "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense". The Jury's decisions are final.
8. The Jury will award the following prizes:
"International Grand Prix Scacchiera"
Special prize "Sandro Carlesso"
Special prize "Marco Sartore"
10 Special prizes "Umoristi a Marostica".
Other special prizes or honorary mentions may be awarded.
9. The results of the Jury will be given directly to all the participating artists by email or mail and published on the web site www.umoristiamarostica.it within April 2013
10. The opening ceremony and the prize distribution will have place on may 11, 2013 at Castello Inferiore of Marostica. The exhibition will remain opened until june 16, 2013.
11. All the authors selected will receive a free copy of catalogue.
All the other participants not selected will be able to demand the catalogue compiling the module on the site www.umoristiamarostica.it
12. The prize-winning works will not be returned and will be included in the collection of "Umoristi a Marostica Museum".
13. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" reserves the right to authorize the reproduction of the work citing the author with the words "Taken from Umoristi a Marostica", without any payment. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" is not responsible for transport damages.
14. The participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of all the conditions and rules from the author.
Jury Umoristi a Marostica 2013
Margherita Allegri - cartoonist
Antonio Antunes - caricaturist,
Director of WPC World Press Cartoon (Portogallo)
Ferruccio Giromini - journalist
Ross Thompson - cartoonist (UK)
Marco Tonus - cartoonist
Alessandro Tich - journalist
Gruppo Grafico Marosticense e representative of Marostica's City
Concillor Gióx & Maurizio Minoggio - cartoonists, Artistic Directors of "Umoristi a Marostica"